While wiring for power is high on your list of expertise, working out what insurance you need as an electrician may not be. If this sounds like you, it’s time to speak to Insurance Web.
Covering yourself with a tailored insurance program specific to your electrical business is highly recommended whether you’re working as a sole trader, contractor or business.
Our expert team at Insurance Web can discuss in detail the level of insurance needed to protect you and your business against losses from material damage, property damage and personal injury.
What does insurance cover for an electrician?
The main aspects of your business that need to be covered include:
- Public and products liability – to protect yourself against any potential incidents that happen to third parties.
- Tools and equipment – get cover for loss of tools or equipment through damage or theft.
- Motor vehicles and trailers – insure against potential accidents or damage to your business vehicles.
Insurance cover for electricians is a highly customised form of insurance, designed to suit your individual needs.
In Queensland, licensed electricians must hold a public and products liability insurance to be able to trade. Your broker will issue a certificate in accordance with the Electrical Safety Office requirements so that you can focus on the job you have to complete.
If you are also required to complete certification work (test and tag), you will also likely need professional indemnity cover as well as your legal liability insurance.
Don’t worry if this all sounds a bit overwhelming, our team at Insurance Web will discuss everything you need to know about your cover.
How do I get Electricians Insurance?
It’s a simple process. You can either come and see one of Insurance Web’s expert brokers or we can have a chat over the phone. Call us today on 1300 956 233, contact us online here or fill out an online application form.
Even if you already have insurance, we can complete an obligation free needs assessment to determine whether the type and level of cover you currently have is appropriate and working for your business.
Why Choose Insurance Web?
Here are a few reasons to choose Insurance Web for your Electricians Insurance:
- We make sure we get to know you and everything about your business – the more information we have, the better we can protect you and minimise premiums. This is why we conduct our proprietary Needs Assessment as the very first step. This ensures you don’t pay hefty premiums for cover you don’t need.
- Our claims process is fast and easy. We manage this process for you making claiming (if necessary) as stress free as possible, so you can get on with the things you do best.
- We strive to make it an educational experience, both for you and us. We understand that many business owners can feel overwhelmed just thinking about their insurance, especially when there can be a lot involved. That’s why we make sure we build long-term relationships with our clients to help your business grow and to make sure you’re covered along the way.
What Insurance does an Electrician Need?
If you don’t have the right insurance or need to update your cover, speak to Insurance Web today.
Insurance Web is your local electrician insurance experts. Known for our simple processes, cost-efficiency and trustworthy staff, we’ll help you get the right business insurance cover so you can trade confidently and securely right now!