Whether you’re frying up chips and burgers or plating up salads and steaks, make sure you add a side of insurance for takeaway shop.
Insurance Web is your local business insurance brokers with extensive experience in the hospitality industry.
If it’s time to reassess your insurance premiums, or if you’re getting ready to launch a new café or restaurant – get in touch with our team!
Takeaway Shop Insurance
As standard, if you own or run a hospitality-based business, you should consider the following insurance policies:
- Public Liability
- Business Interruption
- Machinery Breakdown including Stock Loss
- Motor Vehicle
- Management Liability
- Cyber Insurance
Hospitality Insurance Policies
There are the four main things that insurers will rate and determine your hospitality liability premium on:
- Annual turnover.
- Number of staff in the business.
- Number of seats available to patrons (the size of restaurant).
- Previous claims history.
What Business Owners Need to be Aware Of
When it comes to operating a hospitality business, there are a number of important things to know about cleaning procedures which relate back to insurance:
- Cleaning of ducting and oil: How much oil frying there is, and the cleanliness of the kitchen will affect potential payouts and claims.
- How many litres of frying oil is used and turned over will affect how regular cleaning needs to be.
- The business requires documentation of professional duct cleaning at least every 6 months and filter cleaning every 2 weeks at a minimum.
- Good cleaning procedures, meeting kitchen cleanliness standards, plus years of experience running commercial kitchen will be important for potential claims.
Don’t be surprised when looking for hospitality insurance, that insurers ask to see your policies and procedures on how you manage risk. This typically includes:
- Commercial kitchen fire safety
- Public and customer safety
- Cash handling procedures
- Physical and electronic security
Insurance for Takeaway Shop
Insurance Web are your local insurance experts. Known for our simple processes, cost-efficiency and trustworthy staff, we’ll help you get the right business insurance cover so you can trade confidently and securely right now!