Current Positions Available
General Insurance Traineeship
Insurance Web Pty Ltd – Strathpine QLD
$22,108 – $24,000 a year – Internship
The position is for an office based trainee-ship in the General Insurance Industry .
The position will be full time , with study being via online portal and assignment work. We are specifically providing entry point training for domestic insurance to begin with, leading to a career path that steps up to Small Trades and Services Business Insurance, and further onto Small to Medium Business Insurances etc.
Our focus in the first 12 month period is:
- Residential Insurances
- Private Motor Vehicle Insurance
- Residential Strata Tilted Property Insurance
- Residential Landlords Insurance
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate will be working in a small office environment with General Insurance Brokers in a small team of four staff. Initially a simple induction and introduction to how the systems and procedures work within the Insurance Broking Firm with a view to providing the administration support for Residential Strata Tilted Property Insurance, mostly Residential Strata Duplexes.
This involves reading scanned documents and collating information into a spread-sheet ready for upload to a CRM system. Followed by entering client & property details into two quote systems with the insurance company online and obtaining the quotes back into the Document Management and Task Management system in preparation for releasing renewal quotes to clients.
Study will be an online program and assignment based, focusing on Domestic classes of insurance firstly. A longer term goal is to be compliant and competent in Small Business Insurance sales, quoting and issue of renewals.
The study also involves Claims Management, within an insurance broking firm.
Qualifications and Skills
- Year 12 exit certificate
- Experience in the work force is not essential as the role is designed for a School Leaver
- Drivers License is also beneficial, to get to an from work, but not essential to the role
We use The Financial Services School for the study component of the internship and will be enrolling the successful candidate during the month of January or early February 2018.
The successful candidate will have:
- The energy, ability and the commitment to achieve shared goals.
- Exceptional presentation, verbal and written communication capabilities.
- Superior time management and organisational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal awareness, capabilities and appreciation of building and maintaining relationships.
- Results driven achievement for best client outcomes and business objectives.
Desirable but not essential:
- Commercial insurance broking experience Tier 1 (Insurance Broking) qualification
- Proven administration and/or sales experience (minimum 1 year)
Benefits and Perks
- Locally based business in the suburbs with the same office intellectual property and procedure as any large city based firm
- Travel from suburb to suburb and not outer suburbs to the city (save 2 hours travel time per day)
- Close to Strathpine and Bray Park Train Stations
- Parking onsite both out the back of the building and spaces available under cover in the basement of the building
- Walking distance from Strathpine Centre (formerly Westfield Shopping Centre Strathpine)
- Development and support towards a fulfilling career in Financial Services.
- Ongoing career growth opportunity.
- Working with a dynamic and diverse small team dedicated to excellence.
- Full-time employment – no shift work or weekends.
- Secure and well established business based in Strathpine.
- Tailored remuneration, aligned with skills, attitude and dedication.
Future Development Opportunity – long term view 3-4 years away
A long term commitment would ultimately see the Role and Responsibility change to look more like the below points in future years:
- Management of a portfolio of commercial clients with support and training to empower you towards this requirement.
- Sales proficiency to secure new clients through networking, campaigning and general prospecting.
- High quality engagement with clients and the community whilst demonstrating our company values.
- You will be proficient in providing professional service, advice and delivery when facilitating placement and claim negotiations.
- Commitment to ongoing development of self and colleagues.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $22,108.00 to $24,000.00 /year
Required education: High school or equivalent
Required language: English